Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
PIGS: Canadas Most Authentic Pink Floyd Tribute
Feb 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Formed in 2008 in Victoria, British Columbia, PIGS have spent nine years perfecting their craft in front of sold out audiences throughout Canada. On their Left + Right Canadian Tour, PIGS are bringing an epic and rare treat for Pink Floyd fans across Canada. The band will be crossing the country to perform selections from the entire Floyd catalog, including a few special surprises from Floyd solo records. In addition to classics from legendary albums like Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall, the band will showcase material that has rarely—if ever—been performed live by Pink Floyd. The band and their lighting, sound, and visual designers are all Floyd aficionados and are coming together to create an incredible night filled with music, lasers, and the glow of a giant Mr Screen.
PIGS is the most authentic Floyd act around, with the right people, equipment, and performances to give you an incredible musical experience you will never forget. With over 150 concerts under their belt and currently evolving into a full time international act with an average of 100 shows a year, it is not hard to see why they are considered “Canada’s Most Authentic Pink Floyd Tribute.”
PIGS is Canada’s most authentic Pink Floyd tribute. This is what you can expect to see at our show :
1. The right people: Most Pink Floyd acts feature one person as the front-man much like Pink Floyd did in the 80s and 90s. We recreate the band as they existed in the 1970s, and each member of our band portrays one member of the Floyd and does exactly what they would have done live. Our Gilmour plays the lead guitar parts and sings half the songs, our Waters plays acoustic sometimes, and yes we have a Snowy White.
2. The right gear: We try to replicate as closely as possible the instruments and backline used by Pink Floyd. We use the same amps, the same guitars even the same cables. This means we look and sound more like the real thing.
3. The right age: We’re not the same age as members of Pink Floyd are now; we’re the same average age as the Floyd were on their late 70s tours. We keep the same freshness, the same dynamics of the group.
4. The right era: Frankly, we are tired of tribute bands emulating Pink Floyd as they were on the PULSE tour in the 90s. Instead we replicate the lights, look, and sound of the Floyd’s stage show in the 1970s. Of course, we still play songs from the 60s and 80s, but we do everything in the spirit of the band as they were at their creative peak in the 1970s.
(text courtesy of Ghostfinger Productions)
Tickets: $36 (+ service charges & applicable fees)
- in person at the Key City Box office
- by phone: 250-426-7006
- online at http://keycitytheatre.com
For more information about PIGS: Canadas Most Authentic Pink Floyd Tribute, visit: http://canadapinkfloyd.com