Welcome to Fairmont Hot Springs!
Fairmont Hot Springs might just come to mind if you were to try to imagine what paradise would look like. This little jewel of the Columbia Valley lies just north of Columbia Lake, straddling Hwy. 93/95, and includes the communities of Dutch Creek and Columere Park.
With panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains in the east and the Purcell range in the west, Fairmont Hot Springs offers you and your family everything you could want in a vacation experience.
Make a reservation at the resort, rent a condo or cabin in the area, or park your RV in the resort’s RV Park and prepare to have a fun-filled-to-the-brim holiday! Be sure to bring your camera because you will want to capture all the special moments of your adventure in paradise.
Gift shops, restaurants, a wellness studio, a grocery and liquor store, gas station and an internet café are close at hand. Just a 20-minute drive north are several medical clinics and the Invermere and District Hospital that serve the Fairmont Hot Springs area.
Fairmont Hot Springs offers a wide variety of things to do and places to visit:
- Golf at the two 18-hole championship golf courses plus a family-friendly Par 3 course
- Soak your cares away in the hot pool
- Boat, canoe or paddle leisurely on Columbia Lake or float lazily down the Columbia River
- Hike on the many trails in the area
- Explore the trails on horseback
- Fish in the lakes and rivers nearby
- Swim, boat, picnic and explore the wetlands at Columbia Lake
- Enjoy the mini-golf, bumper cars and petting zoo at Funtasia Fun Park
- Discover the Fairmont Indian baths
- Drive just a short distance to Invermere to enjoy Lake Windermere and do some shopping
Come winter, skiing is the great attraction in Fairmont Hot Springs. There is something for every member of the family to enjoy:
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding on the resort’s ski spot. There are two lifts, several intermediate hills and the family-friendly ski area. Every level of ability can find the slope that’s just right
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and fat biking are popular activities on the trails around the community
- Snowmobiling in the backcountry
The hot springs at Fairmont is one of nature’s miracles, formed 50 million years or so ago when the ancient rocks of the North American continent began to heave restlessly upward, eventually forming the Rocky Mountains. The process took about 20 million more years before they became what we see today when we look out across the Columbia Valley landscape.
The heaving and shifting process created great faults in the rock where rainwater and snow melt gathered and then seeped deep down into the rocks. The water heated, then bubbled to the surface, emerging even hotter than it was below.
The mineral-rich waters of Fairmont Hot Springs have been said to have healing powers but whether or not it is so, a soak in the warm mineral pools can definitely ease sore muscles and leave one feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
The hot pool temperature is a delightful 39C (102F) degrees. The diving pool with a temperature of 30C (89F) has both high and a low diving boards. The water contains calcium bicarbonate, calcium sulphate, magnesium sulphate, sodium chloride, sodium sulphate, silica, potassium chloride and dissolved radium. There is a minimum amount of chlorine added to the water.
A visit to the pools at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort is a memorable adventure for the whole family. You can swim for an hour with a single entry fee, get a day pass so you can come and go during the day, or if you are going to be here for an extended period, you can save by purchasing a 5-day pass.
Here are some of the exciting events that occur in or around Fairmont Hot Springs each year. Note that events with past dates have not yet been scheduled for the coming year, but there’s still lots of useful information on their pages.
Here are some of the locations where events happen in or near Fairmont Hot Springs.
Fairmont Hot Springs is located about 20 minutes south of Invermere. You can drive from Calgary to Fairmont Hot Springs in about 3 hours.