Situated in a quiet valley just east of Highway 93/95 in Windermere, BC, Windermere Valley Golf Course plays to a par of 66, making for a relaxing game with plenty of time left over to enjoy all the other Columbia Valley attractions.
Don’t be deceived though, because Windermere Valley is no pushover! The signature par-4, 443-yard 4th hole, for instance, will require some really good shot-making combined with intelligent putting. Whether you are young or old, duffer or expert, there is plenty here to keep you on your toes. Course owner, Bryan Wilfley says, “Unquestionably, the greens are extremely under-rated.”
The Shot Shapers Golf Academy at Windermere Valley Golf Course offers an excellent array of teaching programs to help you with your strokes. Using the most advanced technology and techniques, the golf professionals offer personalized instruction covering all elements of the game. There are:
- Individualized one-hour private lessons for one or two persons or a group, including online feedback, access to video and use of demo equipment and training aids.
- Junior golf programs such as the Little Shooters Golf Program, nationally recognized Future Links Golf, which cover ages from 5 to 16 years.
- ‘Play With A Pro’ which takes your lesson and puts it to use on the golf course, where it counts.
- Family programs, ladies programs, and the Shot Shapers Golf Academy will even tailor-make a program especially for you.
- Golf Camps during July and August.
Windermere Valley’s fully stocked Golf Shop features apparel from Adidas, AUR, Callaway Golf, Abacus, Quagmire, EP Pro, Vuarnet and Calvin Klein with foorwear by FootJoy, Adidas and Callaway. Golf equipment by TaylorMade, Callaway and Adams Golf can be custom fitted by certified club fitters. Services such as re-gripping, shaft replacement, loft and lie adjustments and club repair can allow adjustments to your clubs as your swing improves. And reps from TaylorMade, Callaway, and Adams Golf along with Windermere Valley’s professional staff host special fitting days throughout the Golf Season.
After your game, enjoy the delicious fare at Kari’s Kitchen, with something on the menu for everyone in the family.
If you are looking for a place to stay while you visit the Columbia Valley, BC, check our vacation rentals pages and select the cabin, condo or private home that is perfect for you and your group.