Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
EVENTS MENUEVENTS MENU
Cranbrook History Centre
57 Van Horne Street South
The Cranbrook History Centre is home to
- the Cranbrook Museum which houses displays pertaining to local history and culture
- the Cranbrook Archives, a valuable resource for research and genealogy projects, with newspapers originating as far back as the late 1800s, photographs, documents and artifacts plus an online database
- the Canadian Museum of Rail Travel, complete with painstakingly restored railcars, the Model Railway Room housing an HO scale model exhibit and guided historic trains tours
- a gift shop with a full range of items, including local memorabilia and trinkets of Canadian history
- the Royal Alexandra Hall, built in Winnipeg in 1906 and a superb example of the grand hotels built by the CPR across Canada during the Edwardian era. It is considered to be the most elegant public venue in southeastern BC. The hall, which is available for rental, seats 200+ people and features an adjacent catering kitchen.
For further information about the Cranbrook History Centre and/or programs and events, send an email to: email@example.com
- There were no results found.