Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
Kinsmen Club of the Windermere Valleyhttps://facebook.com/pages/Kinsmen-Club-of-Windermere-Valley/297371853617733
The Kinsmen Club of the Windermere Valley is part of an all-Canadian international service organization known as Kin Canada – the Association of Kinsmen, Kinette and Kin clubs. From coast to coast, members are enhancing quality of life in their communities by promoting service, fellowship, positive values and national pride. The Association boasts a proud 90-year history dedicated to fostering lifelong friendships while “Serving the Community’s Greatest Need.”
Their major charity at the international level is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation: http://cysticfibrosis.ca/
Locally, the Kinsmen Club of the Windermere Valley meets every second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Best Western Invermere Inn. Some of their most notable fundraisers are:
- The annual Fishing Derby on Lake Windermere each winter – proceeds for their local projects
- The annual Snow Golf tournament, also on Lake Windermere – proceeds for local projects
- The annual Christmas Tree Pickup – all proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- A Pancake Breakfast at the annual Valley Appreciation Day – proceeds for local projects
If you are interested in attending a meeting of the Kinsmen Club of the Windermere Valley, either because you are interested in the club or you would like to present a need for funding in the community, please let the club know prior to the evening so they are prepared for you and have space organized.
For further information, please contact:
2017 Club President is Blayne Kirby.
In case you are unable to make contact with Blayne Kirby, you may contace Steve Mantyka at 250-342-
- There were no results found.