Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
30th annual Valley Appreciation Day
Jul 22, 2017| Free
Valley Appreciation Day has been one of summer’s highlights in Invermere and the Columbia Valley BC each year for 30 years, always familiar yet always evolving into a bigger and better festival.
The huge celebration takes place on Main Street in Invermere BC on a Saturday to coincide with the regular Farmers’ Market, making for a whole lot of fun for the whole family. Several blocks will be closed to traffic so there’s lots of room for the crowds of happy folks, young and old.
Take a sneak peek at what’s on the program for 2017:
- a FREE pancake breakfast, courtesy of the Kinsmen Club
- local musicians on the Home Hardware portable stage will be keeping our feet tapping and in a holiday mood
- cart races
- regular Invermere Farmers and Artisans Market
- the Saturday Market will showcase items not usually sold at the regular market
- displays by local service clubs and organizations
- cart races
- the Gagne Logging Show
- kids’ games
- interactive events
- a bouncy castle
- lots more great stuff
Valley Appreciation Day gives those of us who live here and all the good friends who come to visit an opportunity to salute the Columbia Valley, its beauty and the amazing things it has to offer. We truly have an incredible lifestyle – it’s definitely the best of all worlds.