Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Annual WVSC Ski & Gear Swap
Oct 7, 2017 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm| $2 - $10
The annual Ski & Gear Swap is a fundraiser for the Windermere Valley Ski Club and it’ss coming up once again! This year, it will be held at the new Columbia Valley Centre in Invermere. It’s a great time to bring out last year’s winter gear and see what’s good to go for another season and what’s not. If your kids have outgrown their stuff or you need to update yours, it can get expensive. The Ski & Gear Swap is a great place to pass your no-longer-useful equipment on to someone else and find great gently-used items for your gang at fantastic prices! Bring in your skis, snowboards, boots, skates, winter jackets and sports gear you want to sell and get cash!
Here’s how it works:
- Bring your winter sports gear for sale to the CV Centre between 9 and 11 AM
- Get a number code and receipt for the items from the cashier
- There is a $1 consignment fee per person and 20% of sale price (a donation to the Windermere Valley Ski Club)
- Don’t lose the check-in receipt!
- We accept cash or cheques
- Pick up any unsold items between 2:00 and 2:30 pm
- You will receive a cheque for your sold equipment by mail within 4 days
There will be a concession available and you can also purchase a membership to the Ski Club at the event.
To make it short:
- Check in gear you want to sell from 9 to 11 am
- Sale from noon to 2 PM
- Pick up unsold items from 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
Volunteers are needed to help run this fun and very busy Ski & Gear Swap. You don’t need experience and we need you to make this annual event a success!
For more information and to volunteer, call Jenny Hoffos at 250-688-0371
Thank-you for supporting WVSC.