Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Moulettes Live @ Studio 64 Fall Concert Series
Oct 17, 2017 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Moulettes Live @ Studio 64 Fall Concert Series is the 2nd performance in a spectacular line-up of brilliant concerts. This particular performance will be in our theatre instead of Studio 64.
Moulettes are an English eclectic Art Rock band that combines elements of Rock, Prog, Folk and Pop. The band was formed in 2002 in Glastonbury, England by Hannah Miller (vocals, cello), Ruth Skipper (vocals, bassoon), Robert Skipper (later of The Holloways), Oliver Austin (drums, vocals) and Ted Dwane (bass). The current line-up is Hannah Miller, Oliver Austin, bassist Jim Mortimore (son of Gentle Giant drummer Malcolm Mortimore) and Raevennan Husbandes (vocals, guitar).
Moulettes consists almost entirely of multi-instrumentalists who experiment with both electric and acoustic instruments. One of their musical trademarks is the deliberate distortion of acoustic instruments.
The band often incorporate orchestral and progressive elements into their music and occasionally play with a chamber orchestra, or in larger ensembles which have included Georgina Leach (violin), percussionist Rob Arcari, Laura Hockenhull (vocals), Faye Houston (vocals), Mikey Simmonds (violin), Anisa Arslanagic, Emma Gatrill (harp), Kate Young (violin), Eliza Jaye (violin and guitar) and Marcus Hamblett (guitar, brass).Their main influences include Björk, Kate Bush, Gentle Giant, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Dirty Three, The Beatles and Pink Floyd.
- received positive reviews from mainstream press which has acknowledged the band’s original sound
- been nominated for several Best of The Year lists
- won Spiral Earth’s Best Band and Album categories
- won Featea Roots Music’s best band of 2012
- toured extensively and played at many festivals since their inception,
- shared the stage and studio with Seasick Steve, John Paul Jones, The Ting Tings, Mumford and Sons, Band of Skulls, Paul Heaton, Bonobo, Liz Green, The Unthanks, Arthur Brown and many more of note
- performed at the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Winnipeg Folk Festival, Glastonbury, Bestival, and End of the Road
“[Moulettes] are the best thing I saw at Winnipeg Folk Festival over the weekend.” – Tom Power, CBC
“A clever and Original Band” – The Guardian
(text courtesy of Kimberley Arts Council)
- at the Kimberley Arts Box Office – 64 Deer Park Ave.
- online at: http://eastkootenay.snapd.com
- by phone to: 250-427-4919
- by email to: moc.l1527421693iamg@1527421693stray1527421693elreb1527421693mik1527421693
For more information about Moulettes Live @ Studio 64 Fall Concert Series, visit: http://moulettes.co.uk