Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Holly Hyatt & Jon Burden – ‘Shufflin the Blues’
Dec 17, 2016 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm| $15
Holly Hyatt and Jon Burden, a father and daughter duo from Nelson BC are bringing their ‘Shufflin The Blues’ CD Release Show to Centre 64 in Kimberley this month. They are on tour to promote their latest the album, thanks to funding from Columbia Basin Trust and Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance.
‘Shufflin the Blues’ is the third official album produced by the award-winning BC acoustic blues duo and it is already receiving worldwide airplay, rave reviews and critical acclaim. According to the critics, it is:
- “Fresh and exciting. One of the best releases of the year” – WITR Radio, NY
- “One of the most original and vibrant surprises of 2016″ – Gio Pilato Bluebird Reviews, UK
- “A spine tingling tribute to Chicago blues. This is a thing of intimate and infinite beauty. Laid back and exciting at the same time” – The Rock Doctor (Gonzookanagan) BC, Canada
- “Holly’s voice really captivates the listener, finding wonderful heights and interesting depths. I love Holly’s vocal approach. The way her voice plays over the steady percussion and bass line” – Michael Doherty’s Blues Blog, USA
- “Jon’s guitar playing is impeccable. Ringing like the proverbial bell throughout. Holly’s scat singing is pure delight as well. They hit on a winning formula with exactly what a live set ought to be” – Sheryl and Don Crow, Nashville Blues Society
With Holly on vocals, acoustic and electric bass, Jon on vocals, acoustic, electric and slide guitar and Steve Wilson keeping the beat with drums and percussion, they produce a clear, crisp sound that takes the traditional and makes it really extraordinary. You can listen to their music at: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CH_GhtJxbqM
For more information about Holly Hyatt and Jon Burden, visit their website at: http://hollyandjon.com.