Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Columbia River Paddle-Palooza
May 26, 2018
Columbia River Paddle-Palooza is a FREE, fun, and family oriented event held along the shorelines of Kinsmen beach.
If you’ve ever thought you would like to try paddling, this is the time to do it! You’ll have the opportunity to try out the kayaks, canoes and SUP’s we have in our inventory and /or join some of our paddling activities!
Thinking about buying a new kayak (flat and white water), canoe or Stand up Paddle board? “Try ’em before you buy ‘em!” You can try a variety of paddle craft (canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards). Experts and vendors will be on hand.
- How to paddle a canoe
- Switching seats on the water
- How to rescue an overturned canoe
- Get your friends back in the canoe if they flipped
- Flat water kayaking
- Kayak rolling
- Stand up paddle boards
- Yoga SUP
- Balance skills
- Race demo with Jacqueline Pinnsoneault –
- Intro to paddling boarding – Jacqueline
- How to rescue an overturned raft
- Paddle demonstration by the Invermere Rowing Club (to be confirmed)
Skill testing and competitions and clinics:
- Kayak, canoe and SUP skill competition
- Throw bag toss competition
- Inflatable SUP pump competition
- Waterski competition (behind our 8 seater canoe
- Submit your team to compete!
- Kayak rolling demonstrations, instruction and practice
- Tandem canoe carrying competition
Paddle Presentation Theatre
- Whitewater Standup Paddle Boarding (Brenna)
- Family canoe trip / Canoeing with babies and little kids (Rick Kubian)
- The Nationals on Toby Creek in 1980 (Taoya)
- Lake Windermere Ambassadors (to be confirmed)
- RCMP – safe water practices (to be confirmed)
For more information, visit: https://facebook.com/events/404872206644282/?active_tab=about