Columbia Valley Events Calendar
Burton Cummings: Up Close & Alone Tour
Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm
Burton Cummings, consummate artist, performer and professional entertainer, will be, indeed, up close and alone on the stage at Cranbrook’s Key City Theatre for a one-night-only performance that is sure to be sold out early.
Some info on this dazzling Canadian performer
Few artists have achieved the level of public success and critical acclaim that Burton Cummings has enjoyed in a dazzling career spanning more than forty years. Whether as lead singer and songwriter with the Guess Who or on his own, Burton Cummings has amassed more hit records than just about any other Canadian performer in history. These Eyes, Laughing, No Time, American Woman, Share The Land, Hang On To Your Life, Albert Flasher, Sour Suite, Orly, Glamour Boy, Star Baby, Clap For The Wolfman, Dancin’ Fool, Stand Tall, I’m Scared, My Own Way To Rock, I Will Play a Rhapsody, Timeless Love, Break It To Them Gently, Dream Of A Child, Fine State of Affairs, Love DreamsandYou Saved My Soul – all bear Burton’s distinctive stamp.
His voice has been rated among the finest in rock music. Burton Cummings is one of the most celebrated rock artists in Canadian music history. The list of his achievements is awe-inspiring:
- member of the Canadian Music Hall of Fame
- Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Canadian Walk of Fame
- Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame
- Prairie Music Hall of Fame
- six-time Juno Award winner
- the Order of Canada
- the Order of Manitoba
- the Governor-General’s Performance Arts Award
- 22 SOCAN Awards
- several BMI (Broadcast Music Industry) awards for over 1 million airplays of his songs
- the first US platinum album by a Canadian artist
- on his own the first quadruple platinum Canadian-produced album
- 80 platinum and gold record awards
Recently, the best-selling book The 100 Top Canadian Singles ranked American Woman the greatest Canadian single of all time. He also enjoys a world-wide stature shared by only a select few Canadian artists.
The consummate artist, performer and professional, Burton Cummings possesses an extraordinary gift for entertaining. As a concert draw, he is second to none delighting audiences from 10 to 10,000.
His most recent album, 2008’s critically-acclaimed Above The Ground, was his first ever to feature all original songs by Burton and we’re pretty certain you’ll hear some of them at the concert. Fans and critics alike glowed with superlatives citing the album as his best work in decades.
Canadian rock music royalty, Burton Cummings remains at the top of his game as an unrivaled singer, songwriter and recording artist.
(Information contributed by Key City Theatre)
Ticket cost: TBA on July 7
- at the Key City Theatre box office
- by phoning 250-426-7006
- starting July 7, online at: https://keycitytheatre.showare.com/orderticketsarea.asp?p=341&a=26