Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Barbour Rock Trails Open House
Jan 20, 2017 - Jan 21, 2017
Two Barbour Rock Trails open houses at the Lions Hall will be hosted by the Columbia Valley Cycling Society (CVCS). They will be supported by the Columbia Valley Greenways Trail Alliance, its member groups and Recreation Sites & Trails BC (RSTBC). The purpose of these events is to allow the public to learn more about the controversial new trail being proposed.
The dates and times of the two sessions are:
- Friday, January 20, 2017 from 6 to 9 PM
- Saturday, January 21, 2017 from 1 to 6 PM
It is important that the public be fully informed about this issue. Everyone is invited to come and learn more about the various facets of the proposed project. The information will cover:
- the Barbour Rock Recreational Trails proposal
- the referral process
- the Columbia Valley Cycling Society
- the proposed trail alignment
- the International Mountain Bike Association Canada & Whistler sustainable trail building standards
- ecological impact and mitigating techniques
- the social and economic value of legally-approved trails in a community
The hosts are hoping also to have a wildlife biologist present to answer any concerns about the impact of trails on wildlife in the area.
Supporters are asked to come and show their support and meet the people behind the CVCS and the CVGTA and learn about what they can do to help make the dream a reality.