Columbia Valley Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Art Show & Artist Party at Pynelogs
Aug 1, 2017 - Aug 20, 2017| Free
The current Art Show & Artist Party at Pynelogs Cultural Centre Art Gallery is open to the public during gallery hours of operation – daily from 11 am to 5 pm.Visitors will be delighted to view pottery, photography, paintings, relief carved panels, masks and paddles in this spectacular exhibition.
Drop in to see the works of:
- Alice Hale – “My work relates to the world around me – the mountains, the river, the rocks are my inspiration. My work deals with colour, texture, and represents in feeling what I feel when I see the natural world of mountains and valleys, rivers and rocks – especially in wall art.”
- John Niddrie – “Photography forces me to become much more attuned to my surroundings by examining the finest details of a scene including; light, color, and balance. It allows me a way to share my visual experiences with others and hopefully, inspire and convey emotion.”
- Tanya Brown – “My new series’ of mixed media/collage paintings provoke a sense of discovery and intrigue by inviting the viewer to take a closer look for hidden surprises. These multilayered and colorful pieces not only stir emotions but also awaken the creative mind.”
- Deb Ede – “Alone in my studio, I lose myself. And I find myself. When I feel the slight ‘give’ as the canvas accepts my brush and my thoughts I become rounded and at peace. Vibrant colour and strong line stimulates me and the creative process feeds my soul.”
- Jack Olson – “The main influence when I choose a subject is their eyes. That moment in time, that is frozen for a split second, that old weathered face of wisdom, or a young child with a tear in their eyes. Through their eyes, you see the lens into their souls.”
- Jim McElroy – “New growth asserts itself in multitude of colours, sun loving plants emerge and wildflowers announce their colorful return. The forest is coming back to life as the skeletons gradually weaken and fall. I see glimmers and glows between shadowy tree bones. I see beauty.”
There will be an Artist Party Soiree on Tuesday, August 1st from 7 to 9 pm with a Cash Bar and live music. Come and meet the artists. There is no charge. The public is invited.
For more information about this art show & artist party plus other upcoming events at Pynelogs Cultural Centre, please visit: http://columbiavalleyarts.com