Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Amanda Tosoff with ‘Words’ – the ‘Love it Live’ series
Nov 11, 2016 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm| $3 - $60
Amanda Tosoff, the second performer in the Love it Live series at Pynelogs Cultural Centre this winter, was born in BC and is based today in Toronto. She is a pianist, composer and bandleader, garnering high critical acclaim, deep peer respect and several prestigious awards to her credit:
- CBC Galaxie Rising Star Award (Vancouver International Jazz Festival)
- General Motors Grand Prix de Jazz (Montréal Jazz Festival)
- Her quartet was awarded a full scholarship to attend the Banff Centre Winter Workshop (2010)
- Canada Council grant to live and study in New York City (2011)
- A graduating scholarship – given out to promising graduates – after completing her Master’s degree from the University of Toronto.
Amanda Tosoff will be bringing to her performance, works from her fifth album, ‘Words’, some of the poetry which has touched her experience and which she has set to her own original jazz compositions. Besides the timeless words of William Wordsworth’s ‘Daffodils’, you’ll hear the lyrics of renowned Canadian poets, Carole Glasser Langille and Laura Lush and also some talented family members, Melissa Mansfield and Lloyd and Ted Tosoff.
Amanda will be featured on piano, Lydia Persaud on vocals, Alex Goodman on guitar, Dan Fortim on upright bass and Invermere’s own Morgan Childs on drums.
The concert will be opened by poet Cody Hollick.
For more information about Amanda Tosoff and the Words Project, click here.