Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
Windermere District Farmers Institute (WDFI)firstname.lastname@example.org|http://wdfi.ca
The Windermere District Farmers Institute and Livestock Association (WDFI) was incorporated in 1914. The institute represents the interest of the agricultural community from Canal Flats to Golden and, in spite of having had several name changes over the years and enacting new by-laws, its purpose has been the same for over 100 years.
That stated purpose is:
- to improve conditions of rural life so that settlement may be permanent and prosperous
- to promote the theory and practice of agriculture
- to arrange on behalf of its members for the purchase, distribution or sale of commodities, supplies or products
- to act generally on behalf of its members in all matters incidental to agricultural pursuits and rural development
- to promote home economics, public health, child welfare, education and better schools
The current and major project of the Windermere District Farmers Institute is the development of the Agri Park at the Invermere crossroads, including an abattoir to aid local ranchers in producing their food products at the best possible prices.
For more information about the WDFI, please visit their comprehensive website, here.
To contact Hedi Trecher, Project Coordinator, send an email to: email@example.com
- There were no results found.