Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
Groundswell Network Society250-342-3337| ac.kr1513477233owten1513477233llews1513477233dnuor1513477233g@ofn1513477233i1513477233|http://groundswellnetwork.ca
The Groundswell Network Society had its start as the Columbia Valley Botanical Gardens in 2000. Their mission was to develop plant collections and gardens that protected plant species and to help advance public understanding of the importance of biodiversity to the survival and the quality of all life on the earth.
Today, with its new name, the Groundswell Network Society continues that work and has broadened its scope to include all areas of human activity as it affects our sustainable future. The society offers special school programs and public workshops throughout the year.
One of Groundswell Network Society’s most notable triumphs is the award-winning Community Greenhouse in Invermere and its surrounding permaculture garden. The facility is a living demonstrations of:
• Production of organic, wholesome and local foods
• Renewable energy technology
• Harvesting, conservation and recycling of water
• Soil creation and conservation
• Reduction and recycling of waste
• Green building techniques and materials
• Natural spaces that benefit insects, birds, plant diversity and people
For further information about the Groundswell Network Society, please visit their beautiful and very comprehensive website, call the Community Greenhouse and Permaculture Garden office or send an email.
- There were no results found.