High Country Antiques & Collectibles is a must-stop Columbia Valley destination for lovers of all things old and full of history. It’s a place where a person could easily spend a whole day browsing among the treasures to be found there, each one with a story to tell.
Owner Tex Lortscher, an auctioneer since 1981, has learned a thing or two over the years about how to find just what you’ve been looking for. His shop is filled with special pieces that he has carefully selected himself – some genuinely antique and some not quite so old, perhaps, but lovely and fascinating and exactly perfect for your own collection.
High Country Antiques & Collectibles buys, sells and consigns quality antiques and collectibles from estates, auctions, overseas and elsewhere. Over the past many years thousands of items have been sold.
Because the stock is always changing, there will always be something new to see no matter when you visit the store. You can find:
- Rustic hardware (drawer pulls, knobs, hooks, brackets etc)
- Vintage railroad lanterns and memorabilia
- Vintage license plates, gas station and old car memorabilia
- Royal Doulton figurines, among others
- Vintage glassware
- Old cameras and antique phones
- Vintage RCMP and military stuff
- Vintage bone china dinnerware and silverware settings
- Vintage kitchenware
- Vintage outdoor sporting equipment (skis, snowshoes, paddles, fishing gear, etc.)
- Vintage tools, farm implements, wagon wheels and barn wood
- Antique furniture, lamps, coal oil lamps etc
- Rustic bird houses, barn wood picture frames, coat racks
- Vintage signs and pictures
- And so much more
One of the most popular sections in the store is the hardware area where there is always something new to see. For the DIY person and the collector of old tools, handles, knobs, pulls, hooks, hinges and other small stuff, it’s a veritable treasure trove of delightful surprises.
Tex is always interested in purchasing all kinds of antiques and collectibles. Do you have something of good quality that you wish to sell? If he isn’t in the market at the time for your particular piece, ask him about possibly taking it on consignment. He charges a 30% commission.
He also provides full auction services and does personal property appraisals.
High Country Antiques & Collectibles is located just around the corner from Bavin Glass, on the way in to Invermere from the crossroads at Highway 93/95.
High Country Antiques & Collectibles
A – 4884 Athalmer Road
Winter Hours of operation
Wedneday to Saturday 11 am – 5 pm
(Closed Sunday, Monday & Tuesday)