Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Wasa Lake Triathlon
Jun 9, 2018 - Jun 10, 2018
The Wasa Lake Triathlon, sponsored by Gerick Sports in Cranbrook, is a much anticipated annual triathlon event that takes place in and around Wasa Lake, BC, bringing enthusiastic racers from all over BC, Alberta and down into the northwest of the US.
The weekend includes 11 races in the TriKids, Super-Sprint, Sprint & Standard triathlons for individuals and relay teams.
Features include announcer Steve King*, souvenir shirt, post-race snacks & lunch, awards, Tri Club Challenges, spectacular scenery and a professionally-run event. Everyone is welcome!
* About Steve King – Steve is an avid runner and triathlete who:
- has held 6 national age group records
- has raced at Ironman and Ultraman triathlon distances
- has been a member of Canada`s national 100km team
- was the first BC runner to finish in the BC Marathon Championships (1997)
- wins in the Kamloops 50km and the Haney to Harrison 100km events
- became only the second Canadian ever to finish the 135 miles Death Valley race
- was inducted into the BC Athletics Hall of Fame (2012)
- is in the Frontrunners Walk of Fame in Victoria, BC
Steve has a B.Sc. degree in Health and Human Services and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor, a writer, lecturer, film-maker and more.
For further information about the Wasa Lake Triathlon and to register, please: