Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Teck Kootenay Cup Races #1 & 2
Dec 30, 2017 - Dec 31, 2017
Teck Kootenay Cup Races #1 & 2 in the annual race series will be hosted by the Fernie Nordic Society at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre, near Fernie.
Skiers of all ages and abilities may take part in the event and membership in any club is not required. If you do belong to a CCBC club, however, you can earn your club points toward the Kootenay Cup which will be awarded at the end of the season.
There will be two days of races:
- Day #1 – classic ski technique
- Day #2 – free technique (skate ski) on the second day
See complete details of the races at: http://fernienordic.com/sites/default/files/Teck_Kootenay_Cup_1&2_2018_Fernie_RaceNotice.pdf
- Saturday, December 30 (11 am) – Teck Kootenay Cup #1 and BC Winter Games trials: offical start of races at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre
- Saturday, December 30 (6 pm) – Dinner at the Red Tree Lodge in Fernie. Tickets may be purchased online at the same time as the race registration.
- Sunday, December 31 (10 am) – Teck Kootenay Cup #2 at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre
- Register for the event and dinner is online at: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=16333&lan=1&cartlevel=1
Note: Since this is the end of the winter holiday, you will need to make accommodations ASAP. Limited billeting with Fernie families is also available. For details, send an email to: email@example.com
For more details of the Teck Kootenay Cup Races #1 & 2, please visit the website at: http://fernienordic.com/events
Other Teck Kootenay Cup races in this series:
- January 13 &1 4, 2018 – Teck Kootenay Cup #3 & 4 in Kimberley
- January 27, 2018 – Teck Kootenay Cup #5 in Invermere/Nipika
- February 11, 2018 – Teck Kootenay Cup #6 in Nelson