Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Radium Hot Springs Centre Grand Opening Celebration
Aug 25, 2018 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Radium Hot Springs Centre grand opening celebration will mark the end of a long process to create a multi-use centre which will serve the residents of Radium Hot Springs for many, many years.
The new Centre now sits proudly on the same site as the former community hall, overlooking Legends Field. The beautiful building features:
- seating for approximately 200 people, banquet style
- an elevated area which may be used as a stage or a breakout or display area with storage underneath for chairs, etc.
- a banquet room looking out upon a gorgeous view
- a new 1272 sq ft Radium Public Library with movable book stacks making flexible space for programs, events, author readings, etc.
- a 400 sq ft multi-purpose room that will hold up to 38 people, with a sink and counter for meetings, classes, seminars, etc.
The building is energy efficient with windows that have been located to best take advantage of light while not adding extra heat in the summer.
The event is from 3 – 5 pm, with a ribbon cutting at 3:15 and then a tour through the Centre and the new Radium Hot Springs Public Library.
- Radium Hot Springs Centre
- 4865 Stanley Street
Radium Hot Springs, Canada