Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Oktoberfest downtown Invermere block party
Oct 1, 2016 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Oktoberfest downtown block party in Invermere is a bang-up festival of fun for tall and small, young and not-quite-so-young and everyone in between! The all-day event takes place on 13th Street, in front of the Invermere Legion building and includes:
- a start-off 5 k run at 10 AM
- Fun zone with bouncy castles for the kids – admission by donation
- an Indoor Farmer’s Market
- Live music by local musicians
- Masskrugstemmen – this is a true Bavarian sport. Here’s what the sport’s all about. You hold a 5-pound stein filled with beer straight out in front of you. The first one to spill loses – last one is the winner! Think you can win? It’s not as easy as it looks.
- a Bavarian costume contest
- Beard competition – style yours any way you wish – the best overall beard wins the prize.
Of course, an Oktoberfest downtown block party just wouldn’t be right without BEER! All day long, the Invermere Legion will be hosting the beer gardens in front of their building. More details can be found here – https://facebook.com/events/193470321066011/.
- Oct 1, 2016
- 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Annual Events, Arts & Entertainment, Food & Drink, Invermere / Windermere
- Event Tags:
- All Ages, Annual Events, Celebrations and exhibitions, Competitions, Drink, Entertainment, Fairs & Festivals, Family, Food, Free, Invermere, Live performances, Musical performances, October, Seniors, Socials
- District of Invermere
- 250-342-9281 Ext. 1232
- Branch 71 Legion Invermere
- 525 13 Street