Columbia Valley Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Loop the Lake – Winter Edition
Jan 23, 2016 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Everyone’s invited! To the first Loop the Lake – Winter Edition event! The popular summertime event that draws hundreds of participants each year is back! Just ditch the shorts and t-shirt and come down to the Lake Windermere Whiteway for a really fun-filled way to get out on the lake this winter.
Although the idea of a wintertime Loop-the-Lake has been talked about before, it took 2 students to get the ball rolling and make this a happening event. Our hats are off to Amira El Wakeel and Anna Arif
There are 2 distances to choose from so pick either the 3 km or the 10 km distance. Aid and activity stations will be set up along the trail. Participants can walk, run, skate or Nordic ski. There’s no hurry – this is not so much a race as a community event so just come out to have some fun on the lake! Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Greenways Trail Alliance in support of the building of the Westside Legacy Trail.
Registration deadline is January 20. Pre-register at https://events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=12715
Sponsors are: The Columbia Trading Company, Inside Edge, PotatoSac Co., Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, Tiffany’s Thredz, AG Foods.
|Event Name||Event Type||Until January 20|
|3k||Walk/Run/Ski/Skate||$ 25.00||Register Now!|
|10k||Walk/Run/Ski/Skate||$ 35.00||Register Now!|
|Family *||3k/10k||$ 100.00||Register Now!|
- * Family consists of 4 members. 2 Adults + 2 Children/Students (17 & under)
- Toque Included in price – one size
- All participants will be asked to sign a Waiver before entry. Those under 18 years of age will need a parental signature.
- 3k : Saturday January 23, 2016 @ 12:00 P.M.
- 10k : Saturday January 23, 2016 @ 12:00 P.M.
- Family : Saturday January 23, 2016 @ 12:00 P.M.