Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo
Sep 8, 2017
The Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo is a non-profit cycling event which provides cyclists an opportunity to participate in a world-class fondo, challenging themselves to ride a long distance with other cyclists. Many ride the event like a race, while others simply ride for the personal challenge and the camaraderie with friends and family. Whatever your reason, you will enjoy magnificent Rocky Mountain scenery along the way.
The event will raise funds for local charities such as the Kimberley Northstar Rails to Trails Society and other community projects.
Participants have 3 course options:
- Gran Fondo – 152 km
- Medio Fondo – 102 km
- Piccolo Fondo – 58 km
Friday, September 7
- 1:00-8:30 pm – Riders check in at St. Eugene Resort
Saturday, September 8
- 7:30 am – St. Eugene Ride Site open
- 7:30-8:30 am – Continental Breakfast
- 7:45-8:30 am – Warm-up stretch – inner yoga
- 8:55 am – O Canada
- 9 am – Gran Fondo start
- 9:15 am – Medio Fondo start
- 9:30 am – Piccolo Fondo Start
- 11:30 am – first riders expected at finish line
- 12 pm-5 pm – St. Eugene Pavilion open for riders’ meal and music
- 6 pm – bike check closes
Register online at: http://krgf.ca/registration before July 31 for Early Bird prices!
Included in the cost of registration are a Dri-Fit T-Shirt, Water Bottle, CLIF Bar, Continental Breakfast, Pre-Ride Stretch, Post-Ride Buffet, Mobile Medical Support, Mobile Mechanical Support, Swag Bag.
For complete details of the Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo, you may visit the excellent website at: http://krgf.ca or follow the event on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Kootenay-Rockies-Gran-Fondo-368984693215650/