Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
Invermere Library Special Events this month
Nov 1, 2017 - Nov 30, 2017
Invermere Library hosts a plethora of special events each month, all of them FREE and all of them fun. These events are outside of the regular recurring library events and so deserve special billing! Here is a list of the special events to take note of for the month of November. Be sure to mark them on your calendar:
- Food for Fines – For the month of November -Do you have overdue books? Fines can add up if you’ve been forgetful. Clear the record by bringing donations for the Food Bank to the library. Bring 1 item to clear up to $5, 2 items to clear up to $10 and 3 items to clear up to $15 of fines.
- Pro D-Day Fun! – Friday, Nov 10 – This is a drop-in event between 1 and 4 pm. There will be activities for all ages. Black Star will be there to paint a display in the library windows and needs your help.
- Remembrance Day – Saturday, Nov 11 – The library will be closed on Remembrance Day
- Metis Historian Presentation – Tuesday, Nov 14 (7 pm) – The Columbia Valley Metis Association invites you to join them for a presentation from a Metis historian. Learn about Metis history in BC and in Canada and view a variety of Metis artifacts. Cake and refreshments will be served. Everyone welcome to attend!
- Adopt a Book – Tuesday, Nov 14 – The program begins and continues until Christmas during library hours. ***
- Story Time in French! – Wednesday, Nov 15 (6 pm) – Story time fun for the whole family in French! Wear your PJs and stop by to listen to some stories, sing some songs and do a craft. too!
- Santa’s Workshop – Saturday, Nov 18 (2:30 – 4:30 pm) – It’s located at the Best Western Inn on Light Up day. Drop in to personally welcome Santa and his elves and put in a last-minute request from the Jolly Old Elf.
*** Looking for the perfect gift this Christmas? Why not Adopt a Book for that special someone! In exchange for each book that you adopt, you will receive an ornament to gift to your loved one. Their name will also be placed in the front of a new library book. The perfect gift for someone who has everything! Childrens’ books: $25, Adult Fiction: $35, Adult Non-Fiction: $50.