Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Columbia Basin Culture Tour
Aug 12, 2017 - Aug 13, 2017
Each year in August, The Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CBKA) celebrates the arts, the culture and the heritage of the basin area with the 2-day, weekend-long, self-directed Columbia Basin Culture Tour.
2017 Columbia Basin Culture Tour
- August 12 from 1o am to 5 pm
- August 13 from 10 am to 5 pm
The Columbia Basin Culture Tour, now in its 9th year, is an annual FREE self-guided tour in which you, the ‘tourist’ may visit your choice of unique artistic and cultural venues in the East and West Kootenays – more than 80 of them, in fact.
The tour is a project of the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance and is funded by Columbia Basin Trust which supports the social, economic and environmental well-being of the Columbia Basin.
The purpose of the tour is to:
- Promote the arts
- Increase public awareness of the quality and diversity of art which is being created in the Columbia Basin
- Offer educational experiences for the attendees
- Help foster new relationships between artists, heritage workers and the community.
Choose to visit artists’ studios, archives, museums, cultural centers, art galleries and heritage sites throughout the Columbia Basin. You will meet and talk with artists and artisans, see new collections, watch performances, interpretive displays and demonstrations, and have the opportunity to purchase books by local authors or a special piece of art to take home with you.
To get the most out of your Columbia Basin Cultural Tour:
- Go to the Columbia Basin Culture Tour website at: http://cbculturetour.com/. In the Artist/Venue Profiles section, find the map and the list of participating venues, separated into their general locations within the Columbia Basin.
- Decide which venues you would like to visit and plan your itinerary.
- Pick up your FULL-COLOR PRINTED DIRECTORY and use it to guide you along your way. Directories can be obtained at tourist information centres and any of the venues. Or view online at: http://cbculturetour.com/downloads/cbct_directory_2017.pdf
Find out everything you need to know about the Columbia Basin Culture Tour at http://www.cbculturetour.com/.
Photos from Columbia Basin Culture Tour[fts_facebook id=Columbia-Basin-Culture-Tour-148749065203129 album_id=457986457612720 posts=15 title=no description=no words=45 type=album_photos image_width=160px image_height=160px space_between_photos=5px hide_date_likes_comments=no image_position_lr=-0% image_position_top=-0% loadmore=button hide_like_option=no ]
- Aug 12, 2017
- Aug 13, 2017
- Event Categories:
- Arts & Entertainment, Canal Flats, Cranbrook / Fort Steele, Fairmont Hot Springs, Fernie / Elk Valley, Golden, Invermere / Windermere, Kimberley, Radium / Edgewater
- Event Tags:
- Annual Events, Arts, August, Celebrations and exhibitions, East Kootenays, Free, West Kootenays
- Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA)
- 250-505-5505 / 1-877-505-7355