Columbia Valley & East Kootenay
- This event has passed.
Bull Riding in the Rockies
Jul 20, 2018 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Bull Riding in the Rockies is returning to Invermere for the 20th year and already, there’s excitement in the air. This year the event is a memorial to Bill McIntosh.
Crowds of spectators turn out each year to the lot next door to the Invermere Curling Club to cheer the professional circuit riders at the Invermere-style rodeo. Bull Riding in the Rockies is a fund-raiser for the Columbia Valley Rockies hockey club. Usually the attendance is close to 2,000 fans who turn out to cheer about 2 dozen top professional competitors as they wrestle with prime quality bulls.
The evening events are as follows:
- 5:00 – 6:45 PM – Cowboy Supper at the Eddie Mountain Memorial Arena is by Konig Meat and Sausage Company
- 7:15 PM – Bull Riding with professional bull-riders and top rodeo clowns
- 7:15 PM – Mexican Poker
- Mechanical Bull
- After the rodeo event – a Family Dance with the band, KixxsIn at the Invermere Curling Club. Refreshment by Arrowhead Brewery and all the usual suspects, loaded slices courtesy of Peppi’s Italian fuel in case you get hungry, and the Mechanical Bull to work it all off again..
- Invermere Home Hardware
- Mountainside Market (Fairmont Hot Springs)
- Mountainside Market (Radium Hot Springs)
- Brisco General Store
- Adults – $35
- Students/Seniors – $25
- Cowboy Dinner – $12
- Purchase tickets before July 15th and save $5!
Note: Bearing in mind last years crowd, and the tickets selling out, please buy your tickets ahead of time.
So shine up yer boots, neighbor, and brush the dust off yer cowboy hat. Bull Riding in the Rockies is comin’ back to town!
To learn more about the Columbia Valley Rockies Hockey Club, visit their great website at: http://rockieshockey.ca