Health and Wellness
Health and wellness is on everyone’s mind these days, it seems. At a time when the pressures of life can threaten to overwhelm us, we are more aware than ever of the need to keep ourselves feeling our best. We know that having good health goes a long way toward enjoying our lives to the fullest.
Community Wellness Services
Columbia Valley residents and visitors are fortunate to have excellent medical doctors plus regional and community hospitals staffed with knowledgeable and caring personnel.
Supporting our mainstream medical practitioners are dozens of complementary practitioners of natural health and wellness modalities. Here are some of the valley services to keep you and your family feeling your very best:
- Naturopathic doctors
- Massage therapists
- Ayervedic medicine practitioners
- Energy balancing
- Men’s health care
- Yoga and meditation
- Nutritional counseling
- Pain management therapies
- Advanced laboratory testing
- Reiki practitioners
- Fitness centre
- Sports injuries
- Health and wellness spas
- Esthetics and beauty products
- Natural mineral hot springs
- Flotation therapy
- Juice therapy
- Addiction services
- Family counseling
- Health food stores
Health-related businesses and services in the Columbia Valley range from chiropractors, massage therapists and family counseling to health food stores, yoga studios and spas. Residents and visitors have many options when seeking optimal health and wellness. Here are some of our favorites.
In this section, wellness-related businesses advertise their monthly sales, specials, class schedules, guest speakers, etc. Have you always wanted to join a yoga class? Or learn Reiki? Take advantage of a wellness-related workshop or special pricing on your favorite products.
Wellness - Traditional Health ServicesIt's always a concern that something might happen while you are on vacation and you would need to trust strangers to make everything right again. You needn't worry, though, because you and your family would be in good hands.The Columbia Valley is blessed with excellent hospitals, caring medical doctors, optometrists, dentists, physiotherapists and pharmacies.
|Dr. Mark Moneo||Invermere||250-342-6223|
|Invermere Dental Clinic||Invermere||250-342-3811|
|Dr. Pat O'Sullivan Dental Clinic||Invermere||250-342-9663|
|Hospitals & Clinics|
|Invermere Medical Clinic||Invermere||250-342-9206|
|Chisel Peak Medical Clinic||Invermere||250-341-6900|
|Invermere Health Unit||Invermere||250-342-2360|
|Akisqnuk Health Centre||Windermere||250-342-6379|
|Invermere & District Hospital||Invermere||250-342-9201|
|Columbia House Long Term Care||Invermere||250-342-2329|
|Columbia Garden Village||Invermere||250-341-3350|
|Lambert Kipp Pharmacy||Invermere||250-342-3811|
|East Kootenay Addiction Services Society||Invermere||250-342-3868|
|Home Health Care Products||Invermere||250-342-1242|
Wellness - Alternative Health ServicesWhether your body hurts or you need more energy to keep up with your busy schedule – or perhaps it’s some big-time stress-relief you are craving, one of the valley’s highly-trained therapists can help you feel like your own self again. Book an appointment and feel the difference.
Wellness - Yoga, Fitness & NutritionHave you been promising yourself that you’d start getting fit this year? Fitness is a way of life that can pay you huge dividends in terms of energy and a sense of well-being. We get so busy that we often forget to take time out for ourselves. Why not pay a visit to the gym while you are on vacation – or even join a yoga class. It could be the start of a whole new and rewarding lifestyle.
|Mountain Om Yoga &|
|Valley Fitness Centre||Invermere||250-342-2131|
|Zumba by Shawna||Columbia Valley||250-342-2131|
|Zumba Fitness / Desiderata|
Health & Wellness Studio
|Health Foods & Nutrition|
|Circle Health Foods||Invermere|
|Dr. Michael Baker||Invermere||250-342-1457|
|Yoga and Meditation|
|Brayenna Murray Yoga||Radium||250-688-1500|
|Mountain Om Yoga &|
|Yoga Mountain Studio (CV Rec)||Invermere||250-342-9281|
|Invermere Judo Club (cvrec)||invermere|
|Lizard BJJ Sport Jiu Jitsu||Invermere|
|Advanced Laboratory Testing|
|Dr. Michael Baker ND||Invermere||250-347-1457|
Wellness - Spas & EstheticsIt’s time to pamper yourself with some “me” time. Time to relax and let your cares drift away in the tranquil ambience of one of the Columbia Valley’s spas. How about adding some highlights to your hair or you might even decide on a whole new hairstyle? Choose a facial to make you sparkle for that special occasion, too. Book an appointment today.
Wellness - Metaphysical Arts"Metaphysical" - the term literally means beyond the physical. Metaphysical arts include those mystical practices, many of them thousands of years old, that often have no logical explanation to the average person. Many dismiss them because of lack of understanding but we see the powerful benefits in the recipients of such modalities as reiki, reflexology, astrology, energy balancing, psychic readings and more.
Columbia Valley community health organizations want you and your family to be healthy, happy and easily able to handle life’s ups and downs. If you or a family member are experiencing a rough patch right now and you could use some advice, counseling or just a friend with a sympathetic ear and a kind heart, here’s where to turn.
This is where our readers and health professionals can share their own health-related articles and stories. If you have a story, fact or fiction, that you want to tell, perhaps this is the place it can happen.
People tend to panic in an emergency and even such a simple thing as searching in a phone book can become difficult. If that emergency happens when you are visiting the Columbia Valley, where do you find a doctor and how do you get to the nearest hospital? As long as you are connected to a phone, you need do nothing more than look at the list below.
No matter where you are in the Columbia Valley, for All Emergencies – Police, Fire, and Ambulance Services – Call 911
- RCMP – 4936 Athalmer, Windermere – 250-342-9292
- Fire & Rescue – non-emergencies – 250-342-3200
- Ambulance – non-emergencies – 250-342-2055
- Invermere & District Hospital – 850 10 Ave. Invermere – 250-342-9201
- Chisel Peak Clinic – 417 10 Ave. – 250-341-6900
- Invermere Medical Clinic – 937 7 Ave. – 250-342-9206
- O’Sullivan Dental Clinic – 602-14 St. – 250-342-9663
- Invermere Dental Clinic – 1325 7 Ave. – 250-342-3811
- Pharmasave Pharmacy – 417 10 Ave. – 250-342-8877
- Lambert Kipp Pharmacy – 1301 7 Ave. – 250-342-6612
- Invermere Veterinary Hospital – 4854 Athalmer Rd. – 250-342-7007
- RCMP – 1419 11 Ave. N. – 250-344-2221
- Golden & District Hospital – 835 9 Ave. S. – 250-344-5271
- Golden Medical Clinic – 826 9 Ave. S. – 250-344-2211
- Golden Dental Centre – 901 9 St. S. – 250-344-2710
- People’s Drug Mart – 1104 10 Ave. S. – 250-344-6821
- Gourlay’s Golden Pharmacy – B 826 9 Ave. S. – 250-344-8600
- Columbia Veterinary Services – #1 611 10 Ave. N. – 250-344-5994
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital – 1324 Ave. N. – 250-426-5281
- Tamarack Medical Clinic – 191 1500 Cranbrook St. N. – 250-426-7724
- Associate Medical Clinic – 123 10 Ave. S. – 250-426-4231
- People’s Pharmacy – 13 24 Ave. N. – 250-420-4133
- Walmart Supercentre Pharmacy – 2100 Willowbrook Dr. – 250-489-3202
- Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy – 60 4th Ave. 250-427-4432
- Tanglefoot Veterinary Services – 315 Industrial Rd. F – 250-489-1655
- Kimberley Medical Clinic – 260 4 Ave. – 250-427-4861
- Kimberley Family Dental – 465 Wallinger Ave. – 250-427-5366
- Gray’s Compounding Pharmacy – 417B 304 St. – 250-427-0038
- North Star Veterinary Clinic – 550 Mark St. – 250-481-5288